Now taking bookings for WILD 2020… keep in touch on our facebook page for more information.
Monday 15th June to Thursday 18th June 2020
A wonderful event for all the family that brings everyone together to relax, have fun and learn lots about nature and wilderness skills too. Children and teenagers spend a wonderful four days socialising with friends and wandering freely around this stunning site. They learn valuable life skills as well as developing a multitude of talents and leave feeling confident and excited to live their lives. Set in the most stunning woodlands and fields in the heart of Sussex, it is a joy that we look forward to each year.
ARRIVE FROM 11am and head to Lower Moat to set up your tents. The festival closes at 3.30pm on Thursday.
Bring Your Acoustic Instruments to Join in the Festivities!
Children of all ages must be accompanied by responsible adult(s).
You can find directions and useful information at the bottom of this page.
What’s On For All The Family…..
HERE’S A SAMPLE OF WHAT MAY BE ON IN 2020…
- Mid-summer party and solstice celebrations – candles, stories, dancing, music and fun
- Home education support
- Confidence building for your children
- Organic and locally sourced food vendor
- Massage and relaxation area
- Yoga classes
- Salsa lessons
- Family talent show
- Camp fires
- Cooking work shops – wild, vegan, vegetarian
- Jiving lessons
- Arts and crafts
- Night walks, star gazing and animal watches at dusk
- Bush craft and survival skills
- Fire craft – from basic fire craft skills through to fire by friction lessons and signal fire challenges (let’s see who can bring in a helicopter)
- Foraging, wild foods and medicines
- Knife craft – introductory classes, intermediate and more advanced carving skills
- Nature trails
- Woodland games
- Singing and ukulele lessons
- Cordage and bracelet making
- Sports and Really Wild Olympics
- Bread making
- Story telling
- Shelter and camp craft lessons
- Animal tracking and stalking lessons
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU’D LIKE TO SEE, IF YOU’D LIKE TO RUN WORKSHOPS OR HELP US PROMOTE WILD TOO.
Have your say on what activities you would like to see… if you’d like to run workshops, talks or activities and help to promote the event this year then send us a message on Facebook or give us a call to chat about it.
Just a reminder that the Really Wild Gathering is ‘self-catering’ so please make sure that you have all your meals planned out. There is a small farm shop on site and other shops a short drive away. In addition, there will be a vegan and vegetarian food vendor onsite too.
Please book your tickets above and invite others along to join the fun.
Useful and Important Information
The gathering will host an exciting range of activities and events for all the family with most sessions running several times over to give everyone the chance to enjoy as many things as they can.
If you fancy exploring further afield as well, we are very close to the Bluebell Steam Railway and Sheffield Park. There is a wonderful woodland walk leading directly from the gathering to a lovely pub that serves great food and refreshing drinks. It has a child friendly pub garden as well. Lewes Castle is 20 minutes from site and just 30 minutes away is Brighton where you can enjoy the beach, shopping in the Lanes, a host of wonderful restaurants, cafes and street entertainment. It is also just a short distance from the South Downs National Park, the amazing cliffs of Beachy Head and the stunning riverside walk to the beach at Cuckmere Haven, just a short drive away. The gathering is going to be incredible on its own, but if you want to do even more, the choices are simply fantastic!
Remember to bring/show your email ticket
Please Note: Tickets allow you to camp and take part in our exciting range of activities and events. Please review the risk assessments for the campsite and the activities to ensure that you and your children are happy to take part and follow the safety instructions. Once you have ordered, you will receive an electronic order confirmation by email. YOUR ORDER CONFIRMATION IS YOUR TICKET WHICH MUST BE BROUGHT WITH YOU TO GAIN ENTRY! On arrival, it will be exchanged for wrist bands to allow you to participate in the events.
Camping or glamping?!
Open fires are allowed in the fire pit areas provided. Many of these are communal fire pits to serve several families so it may be worth organising yourselves into groups to take advantage of this.
Tents and campervans are allowed on site but caravans are not. Cars may need to be parked in the car park if heavy rain is forecast.
Once you have bought your tickets for the gathering some of you may then want to book a yurt, mini-yurt or shepherd hut. You can do this by going to Glamping at Wowo or by emailing email@example.com. The team at wowo would be happy to help you book your accommodation in addition to the gathering ticket.
General rules for the gathering:
- Wrist bands to be worn for the duration of the gathering please.
- Parents are responsible for their children at all times.
- We ask that you “leave no trace” and keep the campsite and woodland tidy at all times.
- Please do bring your acoustic instruments with you. Acoustic music only is allowed so the more the merrier. (no drums though please)
- Quiet after 11.30pm.
- 5 mph max on site – drive dead slow.
- Follow the campsite rules.
If you have any queries, would like to volunteer to run any activities or to help in general, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much for your interest. We can’t wait to meet you and join you in having a truly wonderful and memorable time!
Steve, Mat and the Really Wild Team.