Peru Jungle Expedition and Desert Scientific Exploration
Duration: 2-3 weeks
Peru is a mystical and magical place steeped in rich culture and sometimes bloody history; it has everything from the deep impenetrable Amazon jungle and its astonishing wildlife to some of the highest and most impressive mountains in the world. It also has deep endless forbidding deserts that seem empty and impassable….but not for Really Wild Education. Find Out More
- A four day walk on the incredible Inca Trail ending at Machu Pichu
- Fly to Iquitos and from there go into the amazon rainforest, here you will feel like you are on the edge of the world as you look across an endless expanse of beautiful rainforest
- Complete a meaningful and sustainable service project for people who are caught in a poverty cycle. Get stuck in and make life long connections
- Go sandboarding down giant sand dunes
- Flights to Cusco with a couple of days in the beautiful and historic city to acclimatise to the altitude of 3000m
- Learn local survival techniques, honed over thousands of years, that have helped people thrive in these difficult environments
- With the help of the Natural History Museum you will go to the high desert and dig up whales at 3000m! Some findings may even see your name published in a globally recognised paper! Now there is something for the CV.
- Learn how to be smart and well prepared to navigate massive countries. Move from place to place using a host of transportation and accommodation methods.
- Become a brilliant survival practitioner in the outdoors; specialisms here include desert, mountain and jungle survival
- Along this great journey each participant will be encouraged to reflect on their actions, reactions and ambitions. The group will be encouraged to discuss their findings and use the strengths of each person to create highly supportive and functional teams.
- Get stuck into cutting edge scientific discovery in the desert: hang out with world class ‘Indiana Jones style’ scientists; learn exploration techniques to delve into the past; plus actually help to dig for ancient treasure in the form of fossilised whales and ancient archaeological artefacts.
- Complete a meaningful service project for a small community, living in the deep jungle, who have asked for assistance with sanitation and sustainable power.
Borneo Jungle and Humanitarian Aid Expedition
Duration: 2-3 weeks
Go to the Jungle with some of the best instructors in the world and learn to survive in one of the toughest environments on earth. Participate in a humanitarian aid project to help the local inhabitants of the region then spend a few days marooned on a deserted tropical island and learn how to survive for real! After that sit back and enjoy the sites and relax on river cruises Find Out More
- Help raise funds and complete a real life changing humanitarian aid project in the jungle
- Use jungle tools safely to construct shelters, traps rafts and water craft and weapons
- Learn one of the most amazing and difficult skills; to navigate the jungle successfully and safely
- Identify foods, medicines, tools ,weapons and poisons in the jungle
- Make fire and cook food that you catch and collect
- Options may include obtaining a PADI Diver open water certificate in beautiful tropical clear waters at one of the best kept diving secret locations on the planet.
- Go to the Kinabatangan and take river tours to search for some amazing wildlife including the reclusive pygmy elephants and the endangered Orangutan
- Visit the world-famous Orangutan sanctuary in Sepilok
- See the hustle and bustle of Kota Kinabalu
- See the amazing Mari Mari cultural village for a taste of Bornean tribal
- And perhaps climb the highest mountain in South East Asia ?
- A true education in selflessness working on a humanitarian aid project to improve peoples lives for the better
- Learn to really survive on a deserted tropical island! work in teams and compete with one another to win prizes and escape your deadly paradise
- Learn about culture and language from the native people
- KS3,4 and 5 Case studies in Geography, The sciences, PSHRE and much more
Arctic Winter Expedition
Duration: 1 Week
Experience pure magic as you learn to survive in the beautiful Arctic! On this trip you will learn how to be organised and manage a polar expedition like every other great Arctic explorer. Through this learning your confidence in your own abilities will soar. Find Out More
- Cross-country skiing
- Snow shoeing
- Tracking animals
- Husky dog sledding
- Planning and leading expeditions
- Safely building and sleeping in snow shelter
- Navigating in white out conditions through dense forests and across tundra environments
- Establishing arctic expedition base camps
- Conducting search and rescue operations with avalanche beacons
- Developing Arctic first aid skills
- Outdoor cooking and camp craft in arctic conditions
- Relaxing by camp fires in the snow and looking for the northern lights.
- Combining the challenges of surviving in the sub-arctic environment with physically demanding activities creates a fantastic learning experience which, paired with our “Methodology for Success™”, can result in life-changing personal development.
- Opportunities include the chance to put yourself in the shoes of some of histories great cold explorers, you will learn to be responsible for yourselves, your kit and one another as you learn how to not just survive but thrive in potentially harsh place.
- Each participant will be encouraged to reflect on their actions, reactions and ambitions. The group will be encouraged to discuss their findings and use the strengths of each person to create highly supportive and functional teams.
- The expedition enhances understanding and provides case-studies for a host of subjects including: human and physical geography, geology and the sciences, natural history, culture and politics.
Cornwall Sea Kayak Expedition
Duration: 5 days
An extraordinary adventure! Students will kayak and camp along one of the most beautiful and dramatic coastlines in Europe. They will receive professional tuition from the country's most experienced sea kayaking instructors and survival experts. Your students will survive and thrive in the wild and have the chance to earn an Open Water Sea Kayaking Qualification too. Find Out More
- Sea kayaking instruction and certification
- Expedition planning
- Open water navigation, safety and rescue techniques
- Canadian canoeing skills
- Foraging; identification of foods in the wild on and off shore
- Knife craft
- Expedition cooking and nutrition
- Shelter and camp craft skills
- Survival priorities and techniques
- Open water first aid, search and rescue
Arctic Gold Expedition
Duration: 1 Week
This trip offers a unique opportunity for a true ‘Really Wild Education’. Join us in Northern Lapland during the few snow and ice free months of the year, uncovering a beautiful landscape. Immerse yourself in the history and culture surrounding the gold and World War II sites in this part of the world. Have a true bushcraft & survival experience, all with a valuable twist. On this adventure, you will get to replicate the lives of some of the toughest people of Europe. You’ll live the way they lived, work the way that they worked, striving to not just survive but to thrive in one of the worlds most inaccessible places... and with a bit of effort you will find GOLD! Find Out More
- The origins of gold in Finland with a guided museum tour
- Bushcraft & survival training, Finnish style
- Develop knife-craft skills and take your creations home
- Canoe on the beautiful meandering rivers. Fish from your boat and catch your own dinner!
- Wild camping learning traditional camp craft skills
- Forage for food and cook hearty local recipes over a campfire
- Learn the signs to track wildlife
- Hiking with a local guide whilst learning the origins of regional gold
- Discovering WW2 bunkers & German occupation heritage sites
- Gold panning techniques and lessons
- Panning for gold in the rivers and streams
- Working a sluice on a real gold claim. Keep the gold and precious stones you find!
- Smelting lessons with gold & jewellery making
- Life-changing personal development- Learn to survive in the northern most parts of the world, then take that learning home and apply it to everything else!
- The Really Wild Method for success will be used to help create effective teams. The most effective teams will find the most gold and gain the greatest rewards.
- Opportunities include the chance to explore cultural history, and local geology. Find GOLD in the wild from your own team efforts.
- Personal reflection and meditation to discover internal strengths that may have been previously unknown.
- The expedition enhances understanding and provides case-studies for a host of subjects including: human and physical geography, geology, science, natural history, culture and politics.
- Recommended age for participating in this expedition is from 11 Years and older.