Save the date for "Wild 2018"
Monday 18th June to Thursday 21st June
An amazing gathering set in the heart of the Sussex countryside on our beautiful site of fields, woods and streams!
A Really Wild Bushcraft event! An inspiring, fun and social event for all the family!
Right after iGCSE's finish...so great for your older and younger children too.
Please do call 07771 520515 with any queries.
Thank you so much for your interest. We really hope you can come.
Scroll Down For Tickets
Pictures from previous gatherings are at the very bottom of this page.
If you have been before, please come again and invite as many friends as possible too - don't forget to share your Friends of Really Wild code.
What's On For All The Family.....
Here's a sample of What may be on in 2018...
- Mid-summer party and solstice celebrations - candles, sparklers, stories, dancing, music, food and fun
- Home education work shops and support
- Confidence building for your children
- Organic and locally sourced food vendors
- Massage and relaxation area
- Dance and yoga classes
- Family talent show
- Camp fires
- Cooking work shops - wild, vegan, vegetarian
- Arts and crafts and graffiti wall
- Teen tent - a place to chill and get away from the kids and those pesky parents!
- Kids marquee and activities
- Night walks, star gazing and animal watches at dusk
- Bush craft and survival skills
- Fire craft - from basic fire craft skills through to fire by friction lessons and signal fire challenges (let's see who can bring in a helicopter)
- Foraging, wild foods and medicines
- Knife craft - introductory classes, intermediate and more advanced carving skills
- Nature trails
- Woodland games
- Singing and ukulele lessons
- Cordage and bracelet making
- Sports Camp and Really Wild Olympics
- Sign language lessons
- Bread making
- Story telling
- Shelter and camp craft lessons
- Animal tracking and stalking lessons
let us know what you'd like to see, if you'd like to run workshops or help us promote wild too.
Have your say on what activities you would like to see next year by completing the quiz.
If you'd like to run workshops, talks or activities or help to promote the event please send in your suggestions here or give us a call to chat about it.
Just a reminder that the Really Wild Gathering is ‘self-catering’ so please make sure that you have all your meals planned out. There is a small farm shop on site and other shops a short drive away..
Please book your tickets below and invite others along if you haven't already - your "friends of wild" codes will be valid again this year.
We are offering all Friends a reward of 10% of tickets they sell to new customers for WILD 2018. Money will be credited after the event.
PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS HERE!
Children of all ages must be accompanied by responsible adult(s).
You can find directions and useful information at the bottom of this page.
Gallery from 2017
Gallery from 2016
Gallery From 2015
Useful and Important Information
The gathering will host an exciting range of activities and events for all the family with most sessions running several times over to give everyone the chance to enjoy as many things as they can. If you fancy exploring further afield as well, we are very close to the Bluebell Steam Railway and Sheffield Park. There isa wonderful woodland walk leading directly from the gathering to a lovely pub that serves great food and refreshing drinks. It has a child friendly pub garden as well. Lewes Castle is 20 minutes from site and just 30 minutes away is Brighton where you can enjoy the beach, shopping in the Lanes, a host of wonderful restaurants, cafes and street entertainment. It is also just a short distance from the South Downs National Park, the amazing cliffs of Beachy Head and the stunning riverside walk to the beach at Cuckmere Haven, just a short drive away. The gathering is going to be incredible on its own, but if you want to do even more, the choices are simply fantastic!
Please Note: Tickets allow you to camp and take part in our exciting range of activities and events. Please review the risk assessments for the campsite and the activities to ensure that you and your children are happy to take part and follow the safety instructions. Once you have ordered, you will receive an electronic order confirmation by email. YOUR ORDER CONFIRMATION IS YOUR TICKET WHICH MUST BE BROUGHT WITH YOU TO GAIN ENTRY! It will be exchanged for wrist bands on arrival to show proof of payment and allow you to participate in the events.
Open fires are allowed in the fire pit areas provided. Many of these are communal fire pits to serve several families so it may be worth organising yourselves into groups to take advantage of this.
Tents and campervans are allowed on site but caravans are not. Cars may need to be parked in the car park if heavy rain is forecast.
Once you have bought your tickets for the gathering some of you may then want to book a yurt, mini-yurt or shepherd hut. You can do this by going to Glamping at Wowo or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The team at wowo have kindly removed these from sale to the general public until the 31st March and put them by for attendees of the gathering. To book please call 01825 721912 after the 20th November: you will need to pay for these upfront so do have a card ready to pay over the phone. There are only few available so be sure to grab yours before the 31st March.
General rules for the gathering:
- Wrist bands to be worn for the duration of the gathering please.
- Parents are responsible for their children at all times.
- We ask that you "leave no trace" and keep the campsite and woodland tidy at all times.
- Please do bring your acoustic instruments with you. Acoustic music only is allowed so the more the merrier. (no drums though please)
- Quiet after 11.30pm.
- 5 mph max on site - drive dead slow.
- Follow the campsite rules.
If you have any queries, would like to volunteer to run any activities or to help in general, please email email@example.com. Thank you so much for your interest. We can't wait to meet you and join you in having a truly wonderful and memorable time!
Steve, Mat and the Really Wild Team.